Farm Radio Internation is an international non-profit organization focused on using radio to help African farming communities help themselves.
Job Title: Consultant for Midline Evaluation
Employment Type: Full Time
The main objective of the midline evaluation is to assess the performance of the intervention with regards to changes in knowledge, attitudes, and practices of smallholder farmers relevant to cassava, maize and rice production and marketing as a result of the outreach through radio. Findings from this evaluation will inform the rest of the project implementation.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Determine the level of the listenership of radio programs among cassava, Irish potato, maize and rice producers supported by GIZ but also those not directly supported by GIZ
- Assess the impact of the radio program on knowledge, attitude and adoption of good agricultural and agribusiness practices by cassava, Irish potato, maize and rice producers.
- Assess differences in knowledge, attitude and practices between (i) listeners and non-listeners of the radio program, (ii) GIZ-supported producers and non-GIZ supported. producers, and (iii) baseline and midline surveys for cassava, Irish potato, maize and rice value chains.
- Assess the potential and actual changes in external investment and institutional support for sustainable agricultural radio programming among partner radio stations.
Deliverables & activities
- Inception Meeting with Consultant, FRI and GIZ
- Evaluation design
- Sampling design
- Recruitment and training of enumerators
- Data collection
- Data analyses
- Reporting and presentation
- Regular meetings will be held between the consultant, FRI and GIZ at field and coordination levels.
- The institution/organization/consultant should have substantive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative evaluations for development programming. Knowledge of the agricultural sector is expected.
- Work experience in Africa is required, and experience evaluating projects in Nigeria is desirable. The institution/organization/consultant should have great communication skills and excellent written and verbal skills in the English language. Knowledge of the local languages is an asset
- The consultant/firm should demonstrate the capacity for training, organization, conducting and reporting the study. The consultant will be under the supervision of the FRI Project Manager and Country Representative and will work closely with the Global FRI team.
The consultant must have:
- A University degree in a relevant field – Monitoring and Evaluation, Agriculture, Development Studies, Communication etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in quantitative and qualitative evaluations design, tool development, data collection, data analysis and production of reports
- Experience with remote data collection and use of digital tools in data collection.
- Previous experience in the areas targeted by the study is an added advantage
- Ability to manage a team, work under pressure and produce quality work within short deadlines
- Fluency in English written and oral communication.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
042villa.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. 042villa.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
042villa admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters